Friday, January 20, 2012

Sad Day... :( RIP Sarah Burke

Today (the 19th) Canadian freeskier Sarah Burke passed away due to injuries from a crash in Park City on the 10th. She was a six time X Games medalist and was a main reason ski halfpipe will be included in the Sochi Olympics in 2014. She did so much for her sport and touched a lot of people. X Games won't be the same without her(it's next week & i'm sure they will do something for Sarah). It's also a SUPER bummer that she won't be around to completely shred the crap outta the pipe in Sochi.

So it's Thursday(or it was lol) and I usually do my nails on Thursdays. I had last week's polish off when I heard the news about Sarah. I thought about doing something for Sarah on my nails but I was just super bummed out, I wasn't sure. I went on google to try and get some ideas and nothing was really jumping out at me, I mean I had a few ideas but I don't know, I was in just a weird mood.

Two hours later, and all I had were colors picked out. Then I got an idea & just let my hands go from there. So here is the little something I did to honor Sarah Burke. She will be so unbelievably missed and thought of everytime someone drops into the pipe.

If you would like to donate to Sarah's family to help pay for her medical bills there is a fund set up. http://www.giveforward.com/sarahburke

1 comment:

  1. That is a really pretty pink. Wish I had the patience. Lol


    -manda
    trustmyguts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete